Inventory of Career Exposure and Exploration Programs in Western Mass
- The Holyoke Community College (HCC) and Chicopee Comprehensive High School (CCHS) Career Pathways Initiative is a dual enrollment health education option for CCHS students. Students who are enrolled in the Health Science Academy earn college credit through articulation agreements or college classes offered by the College on-line or in person at the high school. The career pathway model links and integrates high school and postsecondary curricula with industry-recognized skills, knowledge and certification. The Initiative is informed by work being conducted within the Pathways to Prosperity Network, an initiative of Jobs for the Future and the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
- The Baystate Franklin Medical Center Student Ambassador Program provide high-school students with an opportunity to experience the variety of healthcare professions available to them before deciding on a college or major field of study as well as the diverse careers offered within the hospital setting.
- Greenfield Community College’s STEM Starter Academy is part of a statewide initiative to promote STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields. Our program is for students new to STEM (including high school students) who are interested in attending GCC—for free! Participants take a summer science, technology, engineering or math class, receive intensive advising, tutoring and career support, and participate in special STEM-focused activities.
- The Westfield Promise is an early college program offered through Westfield State in partnership with Westfield Public Schools, Holyoke Public Schools, and Springfield Public Schools. The program enables high schools students to earn up to 12 college credits by the time they graduate high school, greatly increasing the likelihood that they’ll go on to earn a college degree.
- Transition to College & Careers (TCC) is a free non-credit program offered both days and evenings that helps adult students 18+ prepare for college and identify a career path. The program includes intensive academic preparation in English reading and writing, math, study strategies, and computers in a college context. We offer college navigation, career advising, and tutoring in an environment conducive to learning.