PV IPEC Spring 2020 Interprofessional Day
We invite you and your students to participate in the Pioneer Valley Interprofessional Collaborative (PV IPEC) Spring 2020 Interprofessional Day. The complexity of health care in the United States has increased the need for health professionals to work together and create new models of team-based care. Collaborative practice models and preparing those to practice within those models have the goal of improving the Quadruple Aim outcomes (improved population health, patient experience, provider work-life balance and reduced cost)1-7. In order to prepare health profession students for collaborative practice, accreditors of health professions academic programs are requiring the inclusion of interprofessional education8. Interprofessional education is defined as occurring when students from two or more professions learn about, from and with each other to enable effective collaboration and improve health outcomes9.
PV IPEC is excited to announce that numerous academic institutions have designated Tuesday April 14th 2020 as an Interprofessional Education Day. Students from medicine, physician assistant studies, nursing, pharmacy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, social work and others will have the opportunity to work together in activities designed to target the IPEC Core Comps (Teamwork, Roles and Responsibilities, Values/Ethics, and Interprofessional Communication)10.
Area academic institutions will be hosting and coordinating activities at their institutions.
- PACE, a Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly @ American International College
- Poverty Simulation @ Bay Path University
- Emotional Intelligence Through Visual Learning @ Baystate Medical Center
- Interprofessional Simulation and Team STEPPS Activity @ Holyoke Community College
- To Err Is Human Movie @ Mercy Medical Center
- Ethical Case Deliberation @ Springfield College
- Ambulatory Care Simulation @ Western New England University
- NARCAN ® Training @ Western New England University
- Dementia Simulation @ Westfield State University