PV IPEC Spring Interprofessional Day
The complexity of healthcare in the United States has increased the need for health professionals to work together and create new models of team-based care. In order to prepare health profession students for collaborative practice, accreditors of health professions academic programs are requiring the inclusion of interprofessional education. Students from medicine, physician assistant studies, nursing, pharmacy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, social work and others under the leadership of PV-IPEC work together in activities designed to target the IPEC Core Comps (Teamwork, Roles and Responsibilities, Values/Ethics, and Interprofessional Communication). Interprofessional education is defined as occurring when students from two or more professions learn about, from and with each other to enable effective collaboration and improve health outcomes.
Area academic institutions will be hosting and coordinating activities at their institutions.
- PACE, a Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly @ American International College
- Poverty Simulation @ Bay Path University
- Emotional Intelligence Through Visual Learning @ Baystate Medical Center
- Interprofessional Simulation and Team STEPPS Activity @ Holyoke Community College
- To Err Is Human Movie @ Mercy Medical Center
- Ethical Case Deliberation @ Springfield College
- Ambulatory Care Simulation @ Western New England University
- NARCAN ® Training @ Western New England University
- Dementia Simulation @ Westfield State University