- This event has passed.
April 28 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
What CHWs need to know about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and their roles during emergency response efforts
Join our webinar as we discuss what CHWs need to know about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and their roles during emergency
response efforts. In addition, current myths and rumors about COVID-19 will be dispelled and cultural aspects for prevention and treatment of the virus in the community will be considered. As agents of change in communities, CHWs address the social and economic factors that
shape the spread of the disease, can determine who are the people most affected, and who needs support or information timely.
1. Provide an overview of COVID-19.
2. Educate community health workers (CHWs) on what they can do to prevent COVID-19 in their communities.
3. Discuss the evidence-based COVID19 prevention recommendations on how individuals can help themselves, their families and communities in preventing or slowing the spread of COVID-19.
4. Share messages, tools and other bilingual resources that CHWs may use to inform at-risk groups, including older adults and people
with underlying conditions.
5. Discuss the experiences of CHWs and the changing roles they face in the COVID-19 pandemic.
Denise Octavia Smith, MBA, CHW, PN
National Association of Community
Colleen Barbero, PhD
Applied Research and Translation Team
CDC’s Division for Heart Disease and