The Cooperating Colleges of Greater Springfield established the Pioneer Valley Interprofessional Education (PV-IPEC) in 2013 to lead, develop and facilitate interprofessional healthcare education amongst academic institutions and service providers across the Pioneer Valley.
Healthcare professionals from higher educational institutions and healthcare facilities are working together to increase interprofessional collaboration in education and practice settings. PV-IPEC is dedicated to transforming the delivery of healthcare in the Pioneer Valley to an interprofessional collaborative approach and creating a supply of new professionals prepared to practice together as one team.
- Ready, Set, Action! Imbedding Interprofessional Collaboration into Academia and Practice (register now)
Projects and Accomplishments
- Two faculty development programs with participation of 100 health professionals from nine colleges/schools representing 8 healthcare professions.
- Regional seminar for academic leaders hosting three nationally known speakers from the Interprofessional Education Collaborative, AACN, AACP, and AACOM.
- Several interprofessional education simulations, class sessions, and events across institutions.
- Revisions to health professions curriculum to include interprofessional education and collaborative practice competencies