The Cooperating Colleges of Greater Springfield established the Pioneer Valley Interprofessional Education (PV-IPEC) in 2013 to lead, develop and facilitate interprofessional healthcare education amongst academic institutions and service providers across the Pioneer Valley.
Healthcare professionals from higher educational institutions and healthcare facilities are working together to increase interprofessional collaboration in education and practice settings. PV-IPEC is dedicated to transforming the delivery of healthcare in the Pioneer Valley to an interprofessional collaborative approach and creating a supply of new professionals prepared to practice together as one team.
Projects and Accomplishments
- We invite you and your students to participate in the Pioneer Valley Interprofessional Collaborative (PV IPEC) Spring 2019 Interprofessional Day.
- Featured on the Interprofessional Deans and Leadership Webinar. The presentation was made by Beth Welch, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at Western New England University and Co-chair of the the Pioneer Valley Interprofessional Education (PV-IPEC). Webinar link.
- Three staff development programs with participation of over 100 health professionals from Academia and Practice
- Regional seminar for academic leaders hosting three nationally known speakers from the Interprofessional Education Collaborative, AACN, AACP, and AACOM.
- Several interprofessional education simulations, class sessions, and events across institutions.
- Revisions to health professions curriculum to include interprofessional education and collaborative practice competencies
- Interprofessional Education Collaborative (IPEC) Connecting health professions for better care
- Health Professions Accreditors Collaborative (HPAC) The Collaborative was formed to enhance accreditors’ ability to ensure graduates of health profession education programs are prepared for interprofessional collaborative practice.